An Internship at Relentless Athletics will present you with the opportunity to experience hands-on, individualized coaching with a weightlifting emphasis for FEMALE athletes in a semi-private setting. You will be able to gain experience working with athletes ranging from high school, collegiate division I, II, III, competitive weightlifters, and general health athletes.
As a Relentless intern, you would have the opportunity to compliment your hands-on experience with a weekly Staff In Service. This classroom curriculum focuses on continuing education in program design, reducing injury rates, return to play protocol, coaching tactics, and other evidence-based practices involving working with the female athlete.
We work closely with our interns to help them develop a unique coaching styles, assessment protocols, program design, and other skill sets necessary for training the female athlete.
All interns are provided with Relentless apparel as well as free participation in any seminars held here our outside of our facility during their time with us.
Expectations of all Applicants
- Be competent teaching dynamic warm ups and mobility drills
- Demonstrate a knowledge of training techniques with a heavy emphasis on weightlifting
- Be eager to learn and accepting of constructive criticism
- Must be comfortable interacting with clients, parents, etc.
- Present yourself in a manner that will reinforce your status as a role model for impressionable young athletes
- Must be able to lift during staff lifting hours 2x per week minimum
Relentless internships are scheduled according to traditional academic semesters and summer vacation. Interns are asked to work a minimum of 25 hours per week throughout the duration of their program.
- Fall: Oct.1 – Jan. 1st (2 Positions) App. Deadline: Aug. 1st
- Spring: Feb 1st – May 31 (2 Positions) App. Deadline: Dec. 1st
- Summer: June 1 – Aug. 30 (2 Positions) App. Deadline: April 1st
If you are interested in any of these internship positions, please email us to request that a copy of our application be sent to your attention.
All inquiries can be directed to the attention of Emily Pappas at Emily@RelentlessAthleticsLLC.com
JOB LOCATION : Hatfield, Pa 19446
POSITION TYPE : Internship
SALARY : There is no monetary compensation on provided.
OTHER REQUESTED DOCUMENTS : Cover Letter, Resume, 3 Professional and/or Academic References
APPROXIMATE HOURS PER WEEK : 20-35
WORK DAYS AND TIMES : Work days will be primary M-Sat with possible Sundays depending on the season of the internship, Times will vary from 9am to 8pm
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS : Applicants must be working towards a bachelor’s degree in exercise science or a related field. Applicants working towards their masters in related fields will be prioritized.